September 28, 2009

It's all over now b/w Good times, bad times by The Rolling Stones (Decca AT 15024)


I never went for the Beatles / Stones battle. For me there was no comparison, so I bought what I liked by both beat groups. Surprisingly my father loved It's all over now, so it was safe to buy this single even if it was a few months old. In those days it was so important to be up-to-date and have the latest hits. Six months ago was old hat. It also had to do with the rapidly changing styles in the 1960's.
I liked this single better than the Stones hit at the time The last time. The flipside had an out-of-tune 12-string acoustic, a trademark of the Stones' early ballads. But they were more about a sound and atmospheric recordings than about musical perfection.
Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment