November 24, 2009

Catch a falling star b/w Only friends by Françoise Hardy (Vogue HV 2013)


I actually didn't own this record at the time (1965), it was my sister's. But I bought a copy a few years ago. My sweet Lord: what a woman! Which boy born between 1945 and 1955 didn't at one point dream that Françoise Hardy would fall in love with him? Or jerked off to her pictures? We were ALL in love with her. And then she started singing in English as well, this wonderful "yeh yeh girl". A very charming French accent that worked particularly well on "Only friends" (which I remember being the A-side, but maybe that's because I played it all the time). Alas, she married Jacques Dutronc, the lucky bastard, and left millions of men wondering of what might have been if ONLY they'd been FRIENDS with Françoise.
Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment